The undersigned Communist and Workers Parties, in accordance with point five (5) of the Plan of Action approved by the 22nd International Meeting of Communist and Workers’ Parties (EIPCO), held in Havana, Cuba, last October 2022, which summons us to “Express solidarity with the just causes of the peoples, with the communists who face persecution and prohibitions against the free exercise of their political and social rights, and against repression and discrimination in matters of democratic rights and freedoms”, express our firm solidarity with the Communist Party of Venezuela (PCV) and we strongly condemn the plans aimed at assaulting its political leadership by fraudulent means, either through an illegal administrative intervention (via the National Electoral Council) or judicial intervention (via the Supreme Court of Justice), which would constitute a clear, undue and abusive interference in the internal life of the PCV.
We repudiate the public and malicious intention of Mr. Diosdado Cabello, vice president of the United Socialist Party of Venezuela (PSUV), to promote and execute the plan aimed at assaulting the PCV and usurping its symbols and legal-electoral figurehead, through the unacceptable maneuvering of using individuals who are not part of the PCV in order to present them as supposed “party rank and file”. We strongly reject this vile maneuver, as well as the systematic attacks of this leader of the PSUV in which he repeatedly accuses the PCV of serving the interests of U.S. imperialism, with the clear objective of criminalizing the struggles of the communists in Venezuela.
These crude actions are a dangerous escalation of anti-communist practices of persecution, repression and violation of democratic freedoms and political rights of the PCV.
The Communist and Workers’ Parties of the world, just as we have been consistent in the defense of Venezuela against the imperialist aggression and the illegal unilateral coercive measures, which we continue to denounce and condemn; we will also be firm and forceful in our actions to denounce the anti-communist aggressions against the PCV and the attempts to prevent the exercise of its independent political action as a party of the working class.
We exhort the Government of Venezuela and the leadership of the PSUV to immediately cease the attacks against the PCV and the plan aimed at assaulting the leadership of the Communist Party of Venezuela and illegalizing its political action, by means of snatching its legal figurehead to hand it over to false militants.
We demand that the decision and will expressed by the organizations and militancy of the PCV in its 16th National Congress, held last November 2022, be respected. The policy of the PCV is decided by its militants and organizations according to its internal statutes, and not the interests of the governments in office. We demand that the independence of the PCV and its democratic right to autonomously decide its policy be respected.
The Communist and Workers’ Parties signatories of this declaration will remain alert to these dangerous anti-communist developments in Venezuela and the consequences they may bring in terms of escalating repression and political persecution against the militants and leaders of the PCV.
- Communist Party of Albania
- Party of Labour of Austria
- Communist Party of Azerbaijan
- Communist Party of Belgium
- Brazilian Communist Party
- Communist Party of Canada
- Socialist Workers Party of Croatia
- Communist Party in Denmark
- Egyptian Communist Party
- Communist Party of El Salvador
- Unified Communist Party of Georgia
- German Communist Party
- Communist Party of Greece
- Communist Party of India
- Tudeh Party of Iran
- Iraqi Communist Party
- Communist Party of Kurdistan-Iraq
- Communist Party of Ireland
- Workers Party of Ireland
- Jordanian Communist Party
- Socialist Movement of Kazakhstan
- Communist Party of Luxembourg
- Communist Party of Malta
- Communist Party of Mexico
- New Communist Party of the Netherlands
- Palestinian Communist Party
- Palestinian People Party
- Paraguayan Communist Party
- Communist Party of Poland
- Russian Communist Workers Party
- Communists of Serbia
- Communist Party of the Workers of Spain
- Communist Party of the Peoples of Spain
- Sudanese Communist Party
- Communist Party of Swaziland
- Communist Party of Sweden
- Syrian Communist Party
- Communist Party of Turkey
- Communist Party of Venezuela
- Argentinian Communist Party
- Guatemalan Party of Labour
- Communist Front (Italy)
- Communist Party of Puerto Rico
The list is open for further subscriptions