The parties that participated in the Founding Meeting of the European Communist Action, held in Athens on Saturday 18/11/23, adopted the following Joint Statement in solidarity with the Palestinian people:
- We strongly condemn the massacre of the Palestinian people in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank. We express our full solidarity with the Palestinian people and demand an immediate end to the barbaric military offensive, the genocide, the forced displacement of the Palestinian people to the desert or other countries, and the inhumane blockade of the Palestinian people by the State of Israel in the Gaza Strip. We denounce the killing of thousands of civilians, children and elderly people, as well as the deprivation of food, water, electricity and medical supplies. We condemn the support of the USA, the UK, NATO and the EU for Israel’s offensive.
- We demand an end to the long-standing Israeli occupation of the Palestinian territories, the murder, imprisonment and persecution of the Palestinian people. The Israeli occupation of the Palestinian territories, supported by the US-NATO imperialism, is the source of the suffering of the Palestinian people and all the peoples in the region. As long as the occupation continues, the conflicts will continue, the peoples will be prevented from living in peace and will face the risk of being sucked into the maelstrom of a generalized war.
- We defend the right of the Palestinian people to a free homeland, to be masters in their own land, to establish and recognize an independent Palestinian state on the borders established before 4 June 1967, with East Jerusalem as its capital, alongside Israel. We demand the cessation and dissolution of the illegal settlements in the Palestinian territories, the release of prisoners in Israeli jails and the return of refugees to their homes in accordance with UN Resolution 194.
- We express our support to the Palestinian communists, as well as to the Israeli Communist Party, to Jews and Arabs communists, to all the militants of the region, who are struggling under very difficult conditions for the just cause of the Palestinian people.
- We salute the mass demonstrations of the peoples and the youth all over the world. We call upon the peoples to continue on the path of struggle and to escalate their mobilizations in all countries against the Israeli barbarity and the governments of the countries that support it under the unacceptable pretext of the right of the Israeli occupation state to “self-defence”.
Party of Labour of Austria
Communist Workers’ Party – for Peace and Socialism (Finland)
Communist Revolutionary Party of France
Communist Party of Greece
Workers Party of Ireland
Communist Front (Italy)
New Communist Party of the Netherlands
Communist Party of the Workers of Spain
Communist Party of Sweden
Swiss Communist Party
Communist Party of Turkey
Union of Communists of Ukraine